Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Heels and WHAT?!

The 80's have come and gone and so has it's fashion. Lately though we have seen younger generations picking through fashions worst decade and bringing pieces home from the mall. I personally loved the 80's for it's music and movies, but style wise, I'm quite finished with all of it. Okay, okay... not ALL of it. Which leads me into the topic at hand. Did you EVER think that you would wear socks with heels ever again (outside of a Halloween party)??? During the Spring/Summer 2010 runway shows, ankle socks with heels (sandals) were all over the place. I'm telling you this because I bought my first pair of "heel socks" and I wanna say, they're super effing cute! I don't think of it as a revisit to the 80's, I like to think of it more along the lines of "50's European summer".

If you are a fashion forward gal and willing to try this out, here are a few guidelines. Make sure that the socks are thin, and hit just a couple of inches above the ankle (or if you want to wear a pair to the knee, but NOT over it), and really, stay away from all the ruffle and neon colors. Try to keep to neutral colors or white and black. Your best bet is wearing black with black heels, then it comes off looking more like cute little booties. I posted some of what was on the runway for visual guidelines.
Here is a PERFECT example of a tacky 80's throw-back that you should totally (wink) avoid!

So where do you find these little suckers? I've done the work for you...

TOPSHOP: $6 each or 3 for $13 http://www.topshop.com/
AMERICAN APPAREL: 2 FOR $12 www.americanapparel.com
FOREVER 21: 2 FOR $4.50 http://www.forever21.com/

MODCLOTH: $11.99 www.modcloth.com


FOREVER 21: $6.50 (I'm not sure if it's a 5 pack or if it's each)

MODCLOTH: Betsy Johnson $14.99 (not real classy, but totally cute!)


I LOVE IT!!!!

1 comment: