Friday, August 6, 2010

A Week Away From My Birthday

Now that my birthday is only one week away, I'm starting to think about how one year older is going to feel. When I entered into my 30s it was the worst feeling ever! I have never been able to see myself as anything other than old (oh and chubby, but that's another post). I think now as time progresses, I'm starting to get comfortable with my age. Which is a good thing, but also bad, because now that I've accepted my 30s, in the blink of an eye I'll be looking down the barrel of 40!!! Let's not get ahead of ourselves...so I haven't changed any regimens or anything. I think I take care of my skin less as well as I used to in my 20s. I still wash and exfoliate and use a wash with salicylic acid and benzoil peroxide and I still use SPF everyday, but I'm not using body lotion as much, and spreading out my usage of eye and neck cream. I hardly ever use hand cream and that's become a huge fear of mine...old lady veiny hands! Maybe I'm subconsciously rebelling. I don't want to become a slave to age! As it is everyone that meets me never believes how old I am. You should see the reaction when someone (guy or girl) finds out. rather a bit dramatic it tends to be. I guess its because I don't feel old, I don't "act" it, I haven't any children to wear me down to old lady town, so maybe that's it. At any rate, I was thinking about myself and then about others my age. I thought about celebrity women that are in my age group, and I think I'm pretty damned good company! See for your self....

ANGELINA JOLIE

ALI LARTER



AMBER VALETTA


DREW BARRYMORE


CHARLIZE THERON


DIANE KRUGER


EVA LONGORIA PARKER


KATE WINSLET


LIV TYLER


EVA MENDES


MILA JOVOVICH


PENELOPE CRUZ


REESE WITHERSPOON


SARAH MICHELLE GELLER


SHAKIRA


PAZ VEGA


VICTORIA BECKHAM

So I think, after looking at these women and realizing that they have tons of money to keep them looking this good (even the ones with kids and husbands), I'm not half bad for just being your average bitch on the block. I guess I should be happy that I'm holding up well, now if I could only motivate my fat ass to get in the gym! Oy!














3 comments:

  1. Hye girl you look good for any age!! My 27th bday just passed this Sat and I was thinking hte same thing, man a greater number but I still feel younger than what I really am. Forget looking it I may not be a 21yr look alike but im healthy and I am realizing that more and more as Ive gotten older. You look flawless int hat pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh-oh, what chu gonna do?! You got another guy following your blog! Seriously. We're all getting older and you look great. Just be happy, try to be healthy and stop complaining. Think about how dogs must feel and it should put you in place. It's sad, our pug's 27 right now, but next year, she'll be older than me... : (

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog you have here
    I will come back soon...
    Follow me:>?

    Kisses from pepa:X

    ReplyDelete