Friday, March 5, 2010

No Heel Is Ever Too High

I walked into work today and a gal pal took a look at my new high heels and asked,
"how do you walk in those?!", I simply replied, "It's easy!"

I have been wearing high heels since I was a wee girl running around the house in my mothers platforms. Even through my "tomboy" phase, I already had the heels I wanted my mom to save for me, "when I get older". I believe my love for high heels and thick soles is a subconscious desire for height. I come from a long line of 'short fashionistas', I was the tallest girl, and I was never tall enough to me. Growing up, I loved gazing at photos of my favorite models Cindy Crawford, Linda Evangalista, and Christy Turlington ....they are so not short! I'd open the pages of my Vogue magazines and dream about having long beautiful legs.
Today people tell me I'm tall, could it be because I wear jeans that elongate my legs, and no heel is ever too high?
I love high heels, stacked heels, platform heels, stiletto heels, hooker heels ... but not the discomfort that comes with them. If they're comfortable, they're most likely ugly. I make sacrifices, we all make sacrifices for what we love, even if it's a size too big. Ha!

Here's a short video of some of the greatest models, but not so great on their heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment